The program is housed in a 21-unit apartment building in the heart of Santa Monica's residential community. The units comfortably accommodate a full family, with kitchens and home furnishings. The apartment complex includes a playground and common areas.
Family Place serves about 45 families per year and achieves superlative outcomes:
- During the last 3 years, over 95% of families have graduated into permanent housing - 60% within 9 months and 92% within 12 months.
- During the last 3 years, about 98% of client have remained employed while in the program; the rest have received SSI or other public benefits.
- During the last 3 years, over 96% of the graduates of Family Place have remained in permanent, self-sufficient housing for at least a year after graduating.
Upward Bound House provides each family with a dignified, high-quality living experience, in a safe community, in return for strict adherence to our program rules and activities. These include:
- Case management with weekly goal setting.
- Money management program with mandatory savings towards permanent housing;
- Parenting and life skills classes;
- One year's follow-up services, including home visits.
UBH Fact Sheet (word document)